Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Mini Apple Dumplings


I have been thinking since it is colder out and it's fall. What perfect dessert than apple dumplings to get us in the mood for fall! I have had the crescent rolls in the fridge for a couple of weeks because I was going to do a different recipe with them but since I bought apples I needed to get those used up! 

When I normally make apple dumplings I use pie crust and split in fourths. But I thought MINI since I have the crescent rolls! So this is the mini recipe for apple dumplings! Besides we don't need the big ones anyway...wait what am I saying we always need bigger! 


Mini Apple Dumplings:


Ingredients:

2 Granny Smith apples 

1/2 cup of margarine 

1 cup of corn syrup

3/4 cup of brown sugar

2 cups white sugar 

1 teaspoon of vanilla extract 

2 Tablespoons of ground cinnamon


Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees, butter pan
Step 2: Cut apples and pull apart the crescent rolls and place chopped apples in them, put a little butter in with it and sprinkle with cinnamon. Then fold and place in pan.



Step 3: In a saucepan combine margarine, corn syrup, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla and ground cinnamon. Bring to a boil and boil for about 5 minutes. 

Step 3: Pour over dumplings 

Step 4: Place in oven for 50 minutes 
Step 5: Serve and Enjoy! 


Well they didn't turn out as mini as I was thinking but still a lot smaller than normal! Taste just the same! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment